Hello!!

Thanks for looking at my blog - I hope you find it interesting seeing how myself and my friends progress with our training for The London Marathon!!
Also how we intend to raise our monies for the different charities we are supporting!

Chemene
x

Friday 22 January 2010

Saturday 16th Jan

9.5 miles

OMG! Well we met at 8.15 am and it was light rain which I thought we could cope with no problem, even after having to roll my eye bags up and tuck them into my sockets for being up that early in the morning! Putting on cold lycra at that time in the morning doesn't sit with me that well either but...... anyway I digress.
Yes we start running and it really starts bloody raining, oh and not just any rain the horizontal kind and with the wind too we were really enjoying ourselves NOT!
After about 7 miles I did lose the will to live however Toni (Boss) and Karen (Rocket) did very well.
Toni did her usual, acosting people to use their toilet! She went in to the garage in Shefford and asked a nice old chap if she could possibly use his toilet - I think the guy was so shocked at her 'wet-rat like with steamed up glasses look' that he relented and then threw his arms up in the air and said 'Take anything you want!' which was surprising. She didn't even take him up on the offer to get a couple of drifters for me and Rocket!

Anyway nearly home I was trying to think about the fact that there could be worse senarios like,
getting stuck in a lift with Fleetwood Mac being piped through on a loop or tweezering out my eyeballs! With, well, wet everything we finish running - (Toni and me together as Rocket ran off with the hump about the drifter) .

Did 14.36 Km 9.5 Miles in 117 mins
You go girls!!

xx

1 comment:

  1. chemmmmmaaaaaalllalaa, i think you mean 77mins- 60mins +17mins....???? you are doing yourselves an injustice!!!

    ReplyDelete